When the Theatre Royal York was remodelled in 1879 part of the original stone façade (by architect John Harper 1834) was relocated to create a decorative screen along the Fulford Road frontage. The arches now form part of a scheme to redevelop the site and as a consequence had to be professionally repaired as a condition of receiving planning consent.
Earlier this evening the guild had a fantastic talk and tour around the Foss Barrier floor defences which are currently undergoing a large improvement project to increase their pumping capacity and defence capabilities. See below a few photos and concept sketches (please note we were unable to take any photos during the tour for national security reasons).
Many thanks to Steve for organising.
It's not too late to donate using the below link;
This page will be regularly updated by members of the guild.